Quick and Easy Summer Projects


Celebrate the summer with  projects that are 
quick to make, inexpensive,
 & 
pretty awesome.

Summer Ankle Bracelet
These warm summer evenings call for a fun ankle bracelet that takes very little effort to make, but is big on style.

I found the materials for this bracelet from Cousin Corporation of America  at my local Wal-Mart. The faux pearls come linked together so all I had to do was to use jump rings to attach a simple clasp.  Then I made a little embellishment by using a fabric flower, faux-pearl bead, and a crystal bead on a head pin, which I then attached to the bracelet.

What do you think?


 Dollar-Store Pop-Corn Holder Project

My young nieces were visiting and I wanted a fun craft project for the day. The girls are four and five years old, which means the project needed to be simple, but fun.

A search of the Dollar Store found removable wall sticker.  These stickers were larger than your every-day stickers and of course, just a dollar.  But I didn’t know what I was going to do with them.  Then I spotted popcorn cups.  I decided we would  decorate popcorn cups which they could display in their bedrooms.








I picked up fairy stickers for the nieces and animal stickers for my three-year-old nephew.  The girls would alter their own cups and then they would make one for my nephew.

We didn’t sand the cups before using the stickers, but if you try this project, I would suggest sanding the outside of the cups.  This will help the stickers adhere to the surface better.

The girls did a wonderful job with these cups, don’t you think?



Popular Posts