Pearl and Shell Summer Necklace

Welcome to the Craft Connections “First-Monday of the Month” Blog Hop.  This month  is about Vacations and Crafting.  If you missed last month’s blog hop post, you can check it out here!

Enchanting Vacation Necklace

There is something soothing and relaxing as you sit on the beach with a good book.  The hint of sunscreen mixes in with clean ocean breeze.   Our favorite vacation centers around the ocean and relaxing days. 

Stores selling shells are always one of our favorite places to shop.  It was in a shell shop on a vacation to Florida where I first found this pretty sliced shell.  I had it on a shelf for a few years before I decided to create this fun necklace. 

The fresh-water pearls and small shell add to the natural look of the necklace, while the crystals add a bit of sparkle.


I used crimp beads to secure the a cream-colored coated beading wire to the shell.  Then, I threaded fresh-water pearls, shell bead, and crystal beads on the coated wires.  I fished the necklace by adding a pretty toggle clasp. 

This necklace will always remind me of our wonderful vacation and will be a favorite to wear in the warm weather.

Make sure to visit the other blogs in this hop by finding the blue Designer Craft Connections Blog Hop button in the right-hand column of my blog.  Just click on the links to hop forward or backwards. 

Enjoy!

Also, make sure to place my blog in your Pocket 
and 
stay tuned for information on 
the Craft and Hobby Association Summer Show events.


Join me and be among the first to see 
what’s new in crafts from CHA.

Blog, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter accounts.  
Stay tuned!  


Popular Posts