Welcome to the Designer’s Craft Connections Blog Hop.

This month we are working with back-to-school items.



I am always part of the Designer’s Showcase at CHA and I needed something to display my business cards and postcards for those who visited my tables.  Letter holders were a possibility, but they just didn’t fit the style of the work on my table. 

Using a bit of glue, pages from old text books that I had stored away and a bit of embellishment, I had something that wouldn’t stand out like a contemporary fixture. 

Because I would like to use this over and over, I wanted to use a glue that wouldn’t yellow over time.  ILoveToCreate.com® sent me their Aleene's ® No-Sew Fabric Glue ™.  “After all,”  I thought, “if it will work on batiked paper for my dress and not yellow after time, it will work on this little project.”  I was right.

The buttons, crystals and other embellishments were from previous projects, which gave me a way to use up some of the supplies that seem to hang around the studio.

Make sure to hop to the other blogs to see how they use this month’s theme.  Just click on the Designer Craft Connections Blog Hop button in the side column on the right.

CHA Summer Show Recap
Over the next few weeks I will give you a peek at the various booths I visited at the CHA Summer Show.  Check out the products that may be coming to a store near you.  If you don’t see the products at your local store, you can always ask them to carry the products. 

So, make sure to sign up to for my email list to be the first to learn about my new blog posts.  When a new post appears on my blog, you are notified by email automatically.  This email is only used when a new post appears on my blog.

Just add your email in the box in the side column and then hit “submit”.  Then, you’ll never miss a post! 
  

Happy Crafting!
Carol

Popular Posts